Friday, May 02, 2008

Gentle Leader HeadCollar Is The Best

Here is a review of the Premier Pet Gentle Leader Headcollar by Regina M.

My Golden Retriever, Sandy, would always make a walk around the block a tedious and somewhat painful chore. She has zero sled dog blood in her, but she does a convincing job at pulling me around the block as we go for our nightly walks. I have come to dread this activity as Sandy's pulling has given me lower back pain as I try to anchor my feet into the ground when we walk. I hate feeling like a bad parent. I know people think it's my fault the reason Sandy pulls; I must not have trained her, but I did take her to puppy classes and she passed with flying colors. When she has to go out she even rings a bell. My girl is so smart!

I had just about given up my dream of taking Sandy for nice, peaceful walks, when my friend Michal recommended the Premier Gentle Leader. This miracle device is made of nylon and comes in several colors and sizes. The collar is not traditional, but rather an innovative play on a horse halter-"where the nose goes the body will follow." The first part of the collar goes around the snout of the dog, the second goes around the back of the head.

You actually clip the leash under the chin of the dog and when they pull, their head turns and the pulling stops. At first Sandy didn't like the feel of the Gentle Leader, but after a few minutes she didn't even know it was there! Sandy is a changed dog. Gone are the days of her pulling me around town; she now walks next to me without an ounce of force. Gone are the days of my lower back pain. As the packaging states, "Consumer Digest Best Buy," it is my best purchase ever!

With such high praise we felt we needed to pass that on to you folks. Don't forget to use the link to the right to get 10% off your order when you purchase at DogToys.com!

Labels: , , , , ,